A quick get away in Seychelles.


A beautiful island country located to the northeast of Madagascar and about 1,600kms from mainland Africa, Seychelles is always been on top of the bucketlist and a dream come true. 





I was having three-days off.  Three days means I have to plan something special as Valentine’s Day is coming up.  We (Riggi and I) will be celebrating our 8th year anniversary.  Yes, it has been eight years since I met Riggi and that made it as our anniversary too apart from the wedding anniversary. 

The unique flora and fauna, lush forest and pristine awe-inspiring scenic beaches make it all worthwhile to visit this island.



It was 7 in the morning when we arrived in Mahé, the moment I stepped off the plane; I smelled the fresh tropical breeze that beams up my face with a kiss.  The rain has just stopped and the morning rays were just slowly waking up from the sounds of the birds nearby.


Paradise….



Seychelles is a country off the coast of east Africa and is made up if 115 islands. 




Victoria, the capital of Seychelles on the Mahé Island is one of the smallest capital cities in the world.  It can easily be explored on foot in less than a day.  We had rented a car so we can tour around the coastline and see the unique beaches without the hassle of looking and waiting for the buses.






The market officially known as Sir Selwyn Selwyn Clarke Market is busy every Saturday morning when the locals are selling their crops, fruits and fresh fish.  I forgot to take some photos of the biggest avocado I had seen in my life and brought a few with me back in Dubai. 





The clock tower in the middle of Victoria is said to have been modeled from the London’s Big Ben.


Coco de Mer is a rare species of palm tree native to the Seychelles archipelago in the Indian Ocean.  The nut of Coco de Mer (or the love nut as they say) is very large and the heaviest (around 15kgs each) that made it the largest seed in the plant kingdom. 



The coco de mer had been the talk of mystery because of these unusual, erotic shapes; some people believed that the trees made passionate love on stormy nights.  Legends say that male trees uproot themselves and approach female trees.  We really do have an amazing planet – a lot is there to discover.




Seychelles is also home to the largest tortoises in the world, The Aldabra giant tortoises.  These tortoises are huge and look scary for me but they are gentle creatures that Heaven wants to hug and play with them.










We were momentarily living in a laid back mood for the entire trip.  Seychellois people lead a more relaxed lifestyle that makes you feel well and rested from the busy pace in Dubai.  Not to mention I was busy attending Heaven, as there was no nanny on the trip but that doesn’t count as tiresome, right? 

One of my favorite parts in every trip is getting to know more about different people.  Being able to talk to them and hear about their culture and life itself is self-rewarding.  You are able to broaden your mind and learn new things.

These Seychellois women are friendly enough to enjoy a pose with me and told me something that cracked me up.



A striking experience in Seychelles is being able to have your own beach.  Yes, you read it right.  As we were travelling to the North Coast road of Mahé, we were able to find a quiet beach where we parked the car and stayed in the seashore for hours all by ourselves. 












I’ve been to a lot of beaches but there is something magical and different about the boulder-dotted coastline of this Island that makes you want to keep on coming back. 

We were truly fascinated by Seychelles natural beauty.  The stretches of sand on the shores are regularly ranked among the most beautiful in the world.  No wonder why Prince William and Kate Middleton chose this paradise to be their honeymoon destination amongst all the others. 




It was such a pleasant trip with Heaven along.  I never thought I have such a sweet travel junkee who doesn’t give Dada and Mommy any headache on our trip.  I think she likes the occasional break from her daily routine at home.  She seems to smile and giggle more than the usual.  She seems to adjust new situations easily.  Riggi and I spend more alone time with her and I bet she loves every moment of it.  Though it would have been sweeter if Kuya Sabe was with us.




That dream of a tropical paradise became a reality.  Until next time Seychelles. 

Love,
M xo





Disclaimer:

This is a personal blog.  The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.


In addition, my opinions may change from time to time.  I consider this an open-minded consequence of my thoughts and personal views.  This blog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point at the time being and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed may vary in the near future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peek-a-boo....pink or blue. A blessing from Heaven.

I am Home - My Beach Summer Wedding

I said "YES" in Osaka, Japan.