Shower with love for our baby bump.


I am past 8 months pregnant - I still can’t believe how fast it went!  We are nearly on the finish line and before I knew it, our “Baby Teeny” will make an appearance.  She is getting bigger and bigger as each day passes as well as I am getting a whole lot of pain and discomfort to accommodate her in my belly.  She keeps me up in the middle of the night with her kicks and acrobatic moves that made me think how beautiful it is to be a woman experiencing this journey to motherhood.  I am embracing up these few more weeks of having her so close to me. 

A recap on how my pregnancy was doing for the past few months.  It was a roller coaster ride with doctor appointments to blood test, sugar test, radiology and more.  Then the results came with infection and gestational diabetes.  I had decided to let it go for a couple of weeks and go back home in Cebu for a short Christmas vacation.  I was eating a whole lot in Cebu (far from what the Endocrinologist told me to minimize carbs and sweets) as my parents continue to spoil me with their sumptuous meal prepared on the table and those lovely sweets my Mama made.  I was scared of my sugar but I was being stubborn all the time.

Fast forward, I came back to Dubai and started my low carb and less sugar diet.  My OBGyn then scheduled me for third trimester sonography; follow up sugar test and culture test to check on my infection.  I was so happy to see “Teeny’s” face on a 3D ultrasound.  She was hiding half of her face with her legs but her eyes, her nose and mouth made me fall in love with her even more.  After dieting and prayers, my result came with no infection and normal sugar.  Can you imagine how elated I was? God never left my side and answered my prayers. 


I told my husband that it would be a whirlwind of 3 months until my delivery.  It is true, as I haven’t been properly resting on my offs.  I am busy with research and reading about pregnancy and a whole lot more to learn.  I am busy cleaning up and converting our home into a nursery.  The clutter we have now at home is unbearable being an OC type of a person.  I am busy with baby stuff purchases before the Dubai sale ends.  At the end of every busy day, I am happy knowing that this is all for my growing baby. 

A few months ago during my mid pregnancy ultrasound, the Doctor asked me if I want to know the gender.  I specifically told her and the nurse to write it on a sheet of paper as Riggi and I decided to know the gender later on during our gender reveal / baby shower party.  Although I already had a feeling that she is a girl, I was not overly ecstatic about it, as I want to hear it from the Doctor.  But it did not even last for a week as we both opened the paper and was overjoyed to know that we are having a baby girl.  I wouldn’t trade that moment seeing Riggi’s happiness while hugging that simple piece of paper that contains the gender of our baby.  I declared that it was one of the happiest days being together. 


Last weekend was our baby shower, it was an amazing day filled with fun and laughter.  My husband and I are truly honored to see our long-time friends whom we have not seen for quite some time.  Seeing those familiar faces made us both so happy.





The shower was a bucket load of DIY’s including some hand made party favours to make the party more unique.  I am obsessed with the smallest details that make it more personal.







We had finally managed to celebrate our baby shower with our family and friends in Dubai.

Warning:  I will be flooding this blog with all the pictures taken by our dear friend – photographer Mr. Alexander Fajardo, we can’t thank you enough.  Please continue to scroll down so you can see the full video edited by Riggi as well.








 






















































A big hug to all of you who came and celebrated that wonderful day with us.  The soon to be parents were so happy opening those gifts of yours and will forever cherish the love you guys shared to us and most especially the kindness you had showered to our baby bump. 

Watch our baby shower vid edited by my husband:

Baby_Shower from Riggi Neis on Vimeo.


“You are truly loved little one.”

Thanks for “POPPING” in.


Love,

M xo





Disclaimer:

This is a personal blog.  The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.


In addition, my opinions may change from time to time.  I consider this an open-minded consequence of my thoughts and personal views.  This blog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point at the time being and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed may vary in the near future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peek-a-boo....pink or blue. A blessing from Heaven.

I am Home - My Beach Summer Wedding

I said "YES" in Osaka, Japan.