Cologne (Köln), Germany 2015

 "Don't be a tourist, be a traveller."


Cologne Cathedral









Hohenzollern - the lovelock bridge

Locked our Love


@ Cologne old town
I was expecting a sunny summer on this trip but it was so cold (maybe not for some) as I do not deal well with cold weather.  I am so excited to visit the Hohenzollernbrucke bridge to witness LOVE through padlocks.  I had never been to Paris padlock bridge and by far this has the most padlocks I had seen in my life.  Lovers always believed in leaving padlocks behind to lock their love for each other and then throw the keys to THE Rhein river.  Seeing the famous Cologne Cathedral was breathtaking, it is right next to the train station and dominates the skyline of Cologne.  I am blessed to lit another candle in one of the most famous Gothic Church and make my wish once again.

Cologne or Köln for the Germans is the fourth largest city in Germany but despite its hugeness, I find it so calm and peaceful. A traveller is what I want to describe myself when out of the country.  There is a big difference between both a traveller and a tourist. A tourist is someone who is more concerned of visiting all the popular destinations and having the photos to prove it while a traveller lives in the moment and be a part to experience the culture.  I felt like being a traveller is the best way to experience the world but I know I still have this urge to see the magnificent tourist destinations.








Love,

M xo


TO GOD BE THE GLORY.



Disclaimer:

This is a personal blog.  The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.


In addition, my opinions may change from time to time.  I consider this an open-minded consequence of my thoughts and personal views.  This blog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point at the time being and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed may vary in the near future. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peek-a-boo....pink or blue. A blessing from Heaven.

I am Home - My Beach Summer Wedding

I said "YES" in Osaka, Japan.