A royalty dinner - Burj Al Arab.

A couple of months back I was staring at the ceiling wishing that it would give me an answer on how to make someone happy on his birthday.  The fact that it is Ramadan season, I can't think of a party and big surprises.  It gave me a hard time especially when it is for someone who deserves a good treat.

Then a picture of the greatest Burj Al Arab came in to my mind.  Whoah!  That's it!  It gave me a positive sign that it will be the best surprise - a conversation while we were in Ferrari World:

Riggi:  Darling, at last we are here.
Me:  Why?
Riggi:  This is one of my dream to visit here in Dubai and two more left the Burj Al Arab and Burj Khalifa.

I pressed his hands and I gave him a very good smile indicating that soon you will visit Burj Al Arab.


July 22, I was on my pen and my favorite planning blue booklet.  I called up one of their restaurants and had our reservations.  It is a dinner for his post birthday celebration on a Thursday night, 16th August.  The hotel is the only 7star hotel in the whole world and is consistently voted as the world's most luxurious hotel.  It is the world's 4th tallest hotel and it is located on an island of reclaimed land meters offshore of the beach.

Burj Al Arab

Way back when I was college day, I used to watch national geographic just to have a glimpse with this superb structure.  I was awe inspired of it's beauty.  I saw how they have planned and reclaimed the beach and turned it to this wonderful 7star hotel.  It was my dream back then to come and see it myself.  I've been since 2007 but I never had the urge to be there.  I don't know why by then..  I think this is the best time to go with someone who truly cares for me.  

Back to the main topic, now I am confused whether I am blogging about the hotel or the birthday celebrant (lol).

Riggi, Alatch, iggiR, pooh or Darling, whatever it is....  I simply want him to be happy like how he made me happy each day.  As he said one step at a time.  We had a very simple birthday celebration last August 14 which we only have one special guest, Kuya Kim (he is one of our trusted friend).

I baked this chocolate cake for him


Today 16th of August, he doesn't have any idea where I will bring him.  Sorry, correction 'coz I think the best word is LEAD him 'coz he will be the one who will drive his car.  I really don't know what to do and how to make this a special one until now 12 noon and I just came from 12hours night shift (with no sleep at all for almost 24hours) and we have to be there at 6 in the evening.  All he know is I have a surprise for him and he has to wear a smart casual attire (part of the hotel's policy).  I hope I can take a video of his reaction.  And by the way, he is very supportive with my plans as he bought a nice pair of smart jeans and a long sleeve polo shirt.  Hhmmm... He must be excited!!  Sorry Riggi for revealing this. 

I just had an awesome dinner and he was surprised!!  He was like, Are you sure we are going inside?(with all smiles on his face).  The place was superb, it is so beautiful that you can't take your eyes off the interiors.  Here's to recap the night:
  
back view is the Jumeirah Beach hotel

the greatest Burj AL Arab
















with one of the chef and also from Cebu
I hope I made his birthday a memorable one.  


To my dear Riggi,


You have always encouraged me to discover something within me that is far better than the circumstances.  You have always inspired me to be a better me.  I love you for helping me in what I have become today.


Love,

M xo


TO GOD BE THE GLORY.



Disclaimer:

This is a personal blog.  The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.


In addition, my opinions may change from time to time.  I consider this an open-minded consequence of my thoughts and personal views.  This blog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point at the time being and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed may vary in the near future. 
                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peek-a-boo....pink or blue. A blessing from Heaven.

I am Home - My Beach Summer Wedding

I said "YES" in Osaka, Japan.